Tearing refers to the rupture of a fabric progressively along a line, thread by thread. It is the most common type of failure of apparel fabrics, which will typically terminate the useful life of the article.
Tearing strength can be considered an assessment of the serviceability of a fabric or garment.
This on-demand webinar will cover:
- What is tearing?
- The mechanism of tearing
- Standards (norms) and different specimen shapes
- What equipment is required
- Videos of various test methods
- Tips for Technicians operating the equipment
Who should attend?
Laboratory managers, technicians, designers and quality managers involved in:
- Materials testing
- Apparel product development
- Garment quality