The primary objective for measuring and analyzing the torque characteristics of a container cap is to accurately determine not only the quality of the part or process, but also the root cause of a wide variety of defects.
This webinar will focus on the proper process for selecting an ideal torque testing system, identifying and troubleshooting variables that impact torque values, setting up repeatable torque tests and establishing consistent testing standards for your products.
What You’ll Learn:
- General Overview of Bottle Cap Torque Testing
- The Relationship between Application Torque and Release Torque
- Bottle Cap Torque Testing on a Motorized Tester
- Selecting the ideal chuck or fixture
- Setting the Best Release Torque Value Standard (ASTM D3198)
- Establishing Pass/Fail Criteria
- Troubleshooting Under-torque and Over-torque issues
Who should attend?
Manufacturing, Production and Quality Managers and Engineers involved in:
- Plastics and Blow-molding
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Container Cap Manufacturing
Presenter: Paul Montalto